Sunday, August 12, 2012

Veggie Sloppy Joes

Nothing says summer like a plateful of baked beans and a sloppy joe.  Sloppy joes remind me of my childhood because growing up my mom would always make them in the summertime for my friends and me. 

I came across the meatless ground in one of the most unlikeliest of places, Walmart.  That store has been surprising me lately with a variety of veggie items as well as non-dairy milk and ice cream products!

Usually I am pretty skeptical of fake meat but I decided that this was worth a try.  It actually turned out to be really good, especially when it is mixed with a sauce.  Fake meat does not have a strong taste but when you cook it with other things then it tends to soak up the surrounding flavors.


If you are in the need for a good fake-meat dinner, then I definitely recommend using the Yves meatless ground.  It is also good for tacos and casseroles.

I hope that you try it and conduct your own experiment with the veggie meats! Feel free to leave a comment telling me how you experimented with it.

Que te vaya bien!

No comments:

Post a Comment