Sunday, May 6, 2012

Los Completos

Not long ago I was blessed with the opportunity to study abroad in Chile, South America.  While I was there of course I went out of my way to try as much of the delicious street food as possible!  Completos quickly became one of my favorites.  A Completo is a foot-long hot dog covered in avocado (also known as palta in Chile), tomatoes, onions, mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard. 

Here is a picture of my friend and I with our (shared) completo:

Just look at the spillage of avocado.

Here is a close-up after the first face covering bite:

Yes, that is a real hotdog and mayonnaise.  This took place in my pre-vegan days!

The cool part about changing diet habits is that you can experiment and re-create your favorite meals.
Today I went on an amazing adventure and finally re-created my beloved Completo. And honestly, they tasted even better!!!


Technically, these are mini Completos because they are not foot-long. But who would really notice anyways??

If you went vegan, what would be the first meal that you would re-create??
And if you already are, what was your first re-creation?


Que te vaya bien!

No comments:

Post a Comment