Sunday, February 5, 2012

Being a Vegan

Vegan.
That word has a lot of bad connotations.
Health-nut. Crazy. Over-reactor. Hippie. Stuck-up. (and that is just to name a few)

Whenever I tell someone that I am vegan I always get "the look" (you're weird...) followed by many questions "What does that mean? Why? So... you don't eat meat? OR dairy?? Not even eggs?!"

In every situation, I do my best to tell them why I'm vegan without sounding like any of the above connotations. I really just want to sound like an informed person with strong beliefs about food.
All of the questions might get annoying sometimes but, honestly, I love answering them. It gives me a chance to explain myself and get rid of the negative connotations and introduce positive ones.

Vegan.
Healthy. Happy. Athletic. Curious. Inventive.

My goal for starting this blog is to show you the advantages of being vegan while pushing both you and myself to try new foods while living on a budget.

I hope that you stick around and join me on this journey!

1 comment:

  1. My late Mother in law was a Vegan. She lived near an Abbatoir so I understood why. Looking forward to following your new blog. Marion x

    ReplyDelete