Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Change for the Better.



The theme of this blog is Vegan & Verdure, which I define as the health and vigor achieved while eating a plant-based diet.  I feel that so far I have done a very good job of showing the health aspect, but I have not mentioned the vigor aspect yet.  Well, that is all about to change because I feel pretty vigorous right now!

Here are just a few exciting highlights from my personal experiences while eating a vegan diet!

Since changing my eating habits:

I have lost 15 lbs.

I have run faster. (I ran a 5k on Saturday and it was less than challenging. Time to up the distance… half-marathon anyone?)

I have learned [and am still learning] how to cook.

I have become more informed.

I have learned how to love and respect my body.

I have learned how it feels to be judged and how to show love despite that because, well, now I know how it feels to be judged.

In this moment, I am the healthiest and happiest that I have ever been in my life.

What could possibly be more exciting than that? Well, knowing that I can keep pushing myself to learn more, eat more, run faster, and live longer.

Whoever thinks being vegan is boring, stupid, tasteless, and weird needs to do some serious re-evaluation because I absolutely LOVE my life and thank God everyday for the health that He has given me!

2 comments:

  1. I tried being a Vegetarian many years ago and like you I felt fantastic but I slowly gave in to the smell of bacon. I am definately going to try again after reading this Lydia. Marion x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon is also a stumbling block for me. If I smelled it I know that it would be very hard for me to resist. That's why it is important in those moments of temptation to remind myself how great I feel and how much healthier I am. It's something that has gotten me through resisting eggs and buttered toast!

    Fortunately, there are a TON of delicious alternatives and re-creations still out there for me to try and blog about :)

    ReplyDelete